Welcome to Boroondara
If you live, work or study in any of these suburbs, then you are part of our community and we are here to provide services to help you feel happy and included.
We recognise the value international students bring to our community and we are confident that you will enjoy discovering the many great aspects of living in the City.
First have a look at the suburbs which make up our city – map of the city of Boroondara.
Also explore our website to discover information on the broad range of services and activities Council offers, or speak to Council's Customer Service team if you have specific queries.
Watch a video by Regional Development Victoria highlighting the things you can do in Boroondara.
Do you answer 'yes' to any of these questions?
- Do you need any help with accommodation, finding a job, counselling, emergency food or just someone to talk to? Go to Youth Services.
- Are you interested in meeting other young people in the community through activities and events? Go to Youth Services.
- Are you interesting in getting involved in sport or simply being active? Go to Sport and leisure.
- Would you like to learn new skills and meet new people while helping out in the community? Go to Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre.
- Would you like to use books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, newspapers, and the internet for free? Go to Library Services.
- Would you like to improve your English? Go to Library Services.
- Would you like to know about new projects and activities in Boroondara? Go to Local area news and information.
- Would you like to know where you can shop, eat out and enjoy the local street life? Go to Shopping centres.
- Are you interested in local art exhibitions, concerts and cultural events? Go to Arts and culture.
- Are you interested in learning about environmentally friendly choices, and indigenous plants and animals? Go to Environment and sustainability.
- Would you like to feel confident walking, cycling and catching public transport in the local area? Go to Sustainable and active transport options.
- Do you have a disability and need to find out more about being supported in community life? Go to MetroAccess.